Apple cider vinegar uses
1. Soak your veges: Fill your basin or a bowl with water and add around ¼ - ½ a cup of apple cider vinegar. Add your fruit & veges and allow to soak for around 15 minutes to help rid some of the pesticides.
2. Wart removal: We read about it but were sceptical. We did what we do best and put it to the test. We had a 10 year old with a nasty large wart on her arm. We applied ACV to it 2x per day and covered it with a bandage. After about 1 week, the wart was gone!
3. Face toner/acne treatment: Mix a spay bottle with half water and half ACV. Spray onto face or apply with your hands/cotton wipe. It will feel stingy at first but really helps to reduce swelling and redness.
4. Dandruff fighter: If you suffer with dandruff or an itchy scalp, keep a spray bottle handy with a mix of ACV and water. Spay directly onto scalp and massage in.
5. Hair rinse: If you are wanting to just use a shampoo bar without conditioner, or are wanting to try the No-poo style (not using any shampoo), just make a mix of ACV and water and spray into your wet hair. The vinegar adds shine and can help to detangle.
6. Deodorant or pre-deodorant spray: ACV can be used as a deodorant due to its anti-bacterial properties, and as we use it, can be sprayed (half water half vinegar) to you underarms before applying natural deodorant to ensure the skin is complete clean and free of odour.
7. Cleaning menstrual cups: Menstrual cups should be sterilised before using and then again at the end of your cycle. For the daily in-between cleans, you can use ACV to clean the cup.
8. Drink it: Ideally first thing in the morning, max a mix of ACV and warm water to drink. You can add some honey or lemon if desired. Start off small with around 1 tsp of vinegar. Drinking ACV can balance your PH in your body (which can help with body odour), balance gut bacteria, increase energy, improve immunity and help to detoxify.
9. Clean: We use vinegar (we use the citrogar mix that we have in store) to clean everything from bench tops to toilets.
10. Deodoriser: Use a mix of ACV & water to spray areas that need depositing.
11. Stinky dog? Help reduce the stank with this simple spray - check the recipe out here.
12. Help calm down an itchy scalp with this DIY Anti-itch Detox Wash.
Posted: Thursday 3 January 2019