DE in the house
Diatomaceous Earth (DE) has a range of uses in and around the house. Here are just a few.
- Just like baking soda, DE can be used to deoderise the fridge by placing a small amount in an open-lidded container. Replace every 1-2 weeks.
- It also helps remove smells from the rubbish bin, so sprinkle at the bottom to help neutralise odour.
- It’s great for oil stains on clothes or carpet. Use a stain remover and then sprinkle with DE to help remove the oil from the fabric.
- For oils stains on driveways or garage floors, sprinkle with DE to help absorb the oil.
- You can use it for sinks, countertops, bathtubs – even the silverware and jewellery!
Use a 50/50 mix of DE & baking soda, or DE with a few drops of white vinegar to clean with.
Be aware the DE goes brown when it’s wet, so although it looks like you are cleaning with dirt it works amazingly well. You just need to rinse / wipe surfaces down.
- Use it in cat litter boxes to help absorb moisture and control the smell.
These are just a few of the ways DE can be used to help you around the house. There are literally 100s of uses for DE. We have it in bulk in store for $0.99c per 100g so you can buy as much or little as you need.
Posted: Friday 14 June 2019