|| Cracked heels ||
Now we’re not ones to harp on about getting your ‘summer body’ ready. But it is a great time to get your heels in shape for summer.
Cracked heels aren't pretty, not to mention they can get painful or even infected. Now is a great time to get them under control before you break out the jandals and they get worse.
Cracked heels are most often caused by a lack of moisture in the skin.
Firstly, we suggest giving your tootsies some TLC:
1. Soak your feet in a bucket of warm water for 10 minutes (or more). You can add in a handful of Epsom salts, apple cider vinegar, or a few drops of your favourite essential oil if you like.
2. Use a pumice stone or loofah to give your feet a scrub and remove the dead, thickened skin.
3. Gently dry your feet.
5. Put on socks – this helps lock in the moisturiser and really let it soak in. If you can, wear them overnight.
- Keep up the moisturising every night until you see an improvement.
- Once your heels are healing, we recommend you soak your feet and remove dead skin at least once a week (you might find you can do this in the shower), and moisturise regularly to stop the problem coming back.
- Avoid scrubbing your feet when they’re dry as this increases your risk for damaged skin.
Products we recommend
Posted: Thursday 15 August 2019